The Science-based targets Initiative (SBTi) commits us to support the Paris agreement in reducing the global warming to a limit of 1.5 degrees by 2030.
Our commitment clearly demonstrates our climate ambition and obligates us to be transparent and calculate all emissions from our entire value chain. Working with science-based targets maximizes the impact of our actions by including the hardest-to-do emissions in our Scope 3 and aligns our global climate ambition with the Paris Agreement.
Achieving net zero emissions will involve big changes and it can be very challenging to address, reduce, and calculate the emissions that occur throughout the value chain. However, science-based targets are undeniably good for the planet - and in Unibake we believe that they are good for business too. We can achieve net zero if we collaborate closely with our suppliers to develop climate friendlier ways to do business. Achieving net zero will require close partnerships throughout the value chain and true commitment from all players.
Our Science based targets
- 72% of suppliers-by-emissions, covering purchased goods and services, upstream transportation & distribution, and business travel will have science-based targets
- Reduce absolute Scope 1 & 2 GHG emissions by 50% from a 2019 baseline
- Reduce absolute Scope 3 GHG emissions by 30% from a 2019 baseline
- Reach net-zero GHG emissions across the value chain
- Reduce absolute Scope 1 & 2 GHG emissions by 90% from a 2019 baseline*
- Reduce absolute Scope 3 GHG emissions by 90% from a 2019 baseline
* The target boundary includes biogenic land-related emissions and removals from bioenergy feedstocks.